Coach's Corner- August 30
Coach’s Corner- August 30, 2014
We can’t believe that it’s time to go back to school already; but that means it’s football season!!! The coaching staff is very proud of the work that our players put in this summer on all three programs.
The Varsity players have started to come together and find their identity. While there is still a ton of work to put in every day, we are optimistic and proud of their work ethic, dedication, and perseverance. They are learning to face adversity and challenge themselves. They are learning to come together and trust the guy next to him. They are displaying “healthy competition” at practice, and we are happy that we are getting lots of players practice time and some game time. Note- Varsity football is training on Monday morning at 8:00am. JV and Freshmen- the school will NOT know your training schedule. The JV and Freshman coaches have already made their Monday schedule clear to those players; so, if you have a question, please contact your coaches only.
A couple of points of interest:
1. Hylton Athletic Boosters are selling memberships for the 2014-2015 school year and family memberships are available for only $10. To join: sign up at the Spirit Wear table at all home Varsity Football games or in the activities office (Kathy Davis). The Athletic Boosters help bridge the gap when teams need essential supplies or during times of hardship. We also purchase the awards, letters and plaques that are given out at the team banquet.
3. If you are still interested in purchasing Hylton Football Spirit Wear, please do so by this Monday at noon. The link to order and pay is below. Varsity players can also pay their spirit fee from this website. All money should be paid as soon as possible and players will be attending every meal together.
4. Check the school fusion site to meet a new coach- Michael Dunlow.
5. As school begins this week, please remember that our expectations for grades and academic studies are very high for our players. We expect that our players behave accordingly, lead in the classroom, act respectfully at all times, and study after school. We expect them to dress in a way that respectfully promotes our program and Hylton High School. We expect them to lead in the classroom and on the field. Please note that as school begins, players are expected to be IN school and working. If a player misses a day of school and needs to make up work, he should find a time to complete the assignment before school, during lunch, or after school on game days only. Players should not be tardy to class or practice for any reason.
6. Baseline testing (for only certain Varsity players who need it) will be on Tuesday at 2:15pm. Coach Beckman will inform those players of who, when, and where they should take the baseline test. JV and Freshmen should speak with their perspective coaches for any JV and Freshman specific information.
7. Coffee with the coaches will be tentatively scheduled for the end of September.
8. Back to school night is Thursday, September 4 at 6:30-8:30pm. Senior parents who feel like their son will realistically play D1 football, please feel free to stop in Coach Beckman’s room (E151) and pick up a NCAA clearinghouse “how-to” handout. Only potential D1 players have register for Clearinghouse (not D2 or D3).
9. Freshmen and JV games begin on Tuesday, September 2. Good luck everyone!
10. Have a safe, restful Labor Day! Thanks to all the Hylton parents and families who support us with this much positive energy every week in the stands! You are a big part of the success of this program and your son’s high school experience! Next week- Stonewall! See you there!
This is Hylton Football.
Coach Lilly and the Football Coaching Staff
Parent Meeting Checklist
Parents and players: All football parents and players should attend the Parent meeting on Saturday, August 23 at 12:00 noon. Important information will be distributed.
Varsity parents: Please remember to bring the following:
$75 spirit fee (meals, etc.)
Checkbook for extra sweatshirts, etc.
a bucket from home (the boys will be doing an ALS "ice bucket challenge" immediately following the meeting
a donation of paper products, utensils (forks only), plates, and napkins
Here is the link for the football online clothing store!!!!!
upcoming football pratice schedules
Online clothing store- RE-Opens on August 12!!!!
Attention all football parents and players!
Thanks to Coach Hoffman for re-opening the online football store! It will be available on the Varsity Football School fusion site and the Hylton Football site by noon on Tuesday, August 12.
Tuesday, August 12- Wednesday, August 27
Note: the players will have a clearer indication of whether they are on JV or Varsity AFTER the scrimmage on August 22. (There is a mandatory parent meeting for ALL football players and parents after the Varsity practice on Saturday, August 23 at 12:00 noon in the Auditorium. The coaching staff will answer any questions that you may have at the parent meeting.
Upcoming events for Football
Thursday, August 14:
Varsity scrimmage @ Oakton HS at 7:00pm
(Varsity players should eat a good meal, bring a snack, and report to Hylton at 3:30pm).
Monday, August 18: Pictures!
Order forms will be distributed at practice next week....
A copy of the picture form can also be found in the file below.
JV: 9:15 am
Saturday, August 23:
Practice schedule for week of July 28
Monday and Tuesday: players rest
Players should turn in all paperwork
and possibly receive practice gear.
Thursday: 1st day of practice (7:00am)
Friday: practice (7:00 am)
Saturday: practice (7:00am)
Coach's Corner- July 15, 2014
C.D. Hylton Football "Coach's Corner"
Friday, July 15
Hylton football family-
Welcome to the first edition of the "Coach's Corner!" This is our way to try and communicate and facilitate information to our Hylton Football family. We are going to try to send out a once a week update via e-mail about upcoming events, parent volunteers needed, last week's summary, coach's thoughts, events going on at school, etc. Please respond to Coach Beckman at email@example.com if you have concerns, ideas, questions, etc. She is happy to get right back to you. Each week in the coach's corner, we will be introducing you to our coaching staff and setting the tone for the week.
We are very excited about the work that your sons are putting into practice in the mornings. Thank you so much for working hard to get your sons to this critical training before try-outs! This is truly a unique group of hard working young men who are lifting, conditioning, running routes, working the Defense, and playing ball at a high level! There seems to be a great SENIOR leadership and an underclassmen work ethic and humility that is really humbling, positive, and exciting! We will continue to work hard to develop them into a very talented group who can be successful this season.
1. Concussion training: Freshman and new transfers to PWC: you and one parent must attend a mandatory concussion training at Hylton on Monday, July 28 at 7:00pm. The auditorium will COMPLETELY fill by 6:30 however, so please be early.
Concussion training: Returning athletes: please go to following link after July 15 and take the Online concussion training. (Note: a parent should take the test with the player and both must sign and submit the concussion training completion form.)
2. Physicals: a new physical (dated after May 1, 2014) needs to be submitted to Coach Beckman or Amanda Mascarenas as soon as possible. Physicals will be offered at Hylton on Saturday, July 19 from 9-11am for $27. A parent should attend with the student. We have attached the 4 page physical form to this e-mail. Be sure that both the parent and the athlete signs the form on several pages.
3. We are putting together a day to help rising seniors/parents sign up and register with NCAA eligibility center. Be on the look out for that date.
4. We are considering implementing a "coffee with the coaches" get together for parents and coaches during the last week of July. Be on the look out for that date as well.
5. Practice technically begins August 4 for all JV and Varsity players from 7-11:30 or 12. Freshman football players will begin try-outs on AUGUST 6 from 9:00-11:30am. Freshman players need to wear t-shirts, shorts, and cleats. Freshman players should contact Coach Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
6. On-going training: We will continue to work and train on Monday-Thursday mornings from 9-11am.
7. Look for an email from Coach Beckman very soon. If you are not receiving her emails, please contact her at email@example.com .