Coach's Corner- July 15, 2014
C.D. Hylton Football "Coach's Corner"
Friday, July 15
Hylton football family-
Welcome to the first edition of the "Coach's Corner!" This is our way to try and communicate and facilitate information to our Hylton Football family. We are going to try to send out a once a week update via e-mail about upcoming events, parent volunteers needed, last week's summary, coach's thoughts, events going on at school, etc. Please respond to Coach Beckman at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have concerns, ideas, questions, etc. She is happy to get right back to you. Each week in the coach's corner, we will be introducing you to our coaching staff and setting the tone for the week.
We are very excited about the work that your sons are putting into practice in the mornings. Thank you so much for working hard to get your sons to this critical training before try-outs! This is truly a unique group of hard working young men who are lifting, conditioning, running routes, working the Defense, and playing ball at a high level! There seems to be a great SENIOR leadership and an underclassmen work ethic and humility that is really humbling, positive, and exciting! We will continue to work hard to develop them into a very talented group who can be successful this season.
1. Concussion training: Freshman and new transfers to PWC: you and one parent must attend a mandatory concussion training at Hylton on Monday, July 28 at 7:00pm. The auditorium will COMPLETELY fill by 6:30 however, so please be early.
Concussion training: Returning athletes: please go to following link after July 15 and take the Online concussion training. (Note: a parent should take the test with the player and both must sign and submit the concussion training completion form.)
2. Physicals: a new physical (dated after May 1, 2014) needs to be submitted to Coach Beckman or Amanda Mascarenas as soon as possible. Physicals will be offered at Hylton on Saturday, July 19 from 9-11am for $27. A parent should attend with the student. We have attached the 4 page physical form to this e-mail. Be sure that both the parent and the athlete signs the form on several pages.
3. We are putting together a day to help rising seniors/parents sign up and register with NCAA eligibility center. Be on the look out for that date.
4. We are considering implementing a "coffee with the coaches" get together for parents and coaches during the last week of July. Be on the look out for that date as well.
5. Practice technically begins August 4 for all JV and Varsity players from 7-11:30 or 12. Freshman football players will begin try-outs on AUGUST 6 from 9:00-11:30am. Freshman players need to wear t-shirts, shorts, and cleats. Freshman players should contact Coach Hoffman at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
6. On-going training: We will continue to work and train on Monday-Thursday mornings from 9-11am.
7. Look for an email from Coach Beckman very soon. If you are not receiving her emails, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2014-2015 Concussion Training Dates at Hylton
Dates for concussion training:
Times- 6 p.m.
Varsity Football Schedule | 2013-14